Monday, November 1, 2010

The Idiot

"I'm sorry," Mayumi replied,"I won't be able to. Sorry, Satoshi."
"I'm fine but-" I paused when I heard her cough harshly several times but she immediately cut me off telling me that she had to leave.
Why was she coughing and making up excuses for not being able to make it to tomorrow's date? Is she okay? Somehow it all seems so weird...
I stood in front of her house after a few minutes later. I obviously couldn't let her be when I knew something was definitely wrong. Am I just thinking too mush? Then I rang the doorbell, but but there was no reply. Where was she?

When there was a sudden noise of the unlocking of the door and there she stood, but she looked pale and she was standing resting her palm on the wall.

"Satoshi..." She called my name gently as she almost fell but I grabbed hold of her. Her body was so warm. So she was sick...she was having a fever.
I carried her to her room and placed her on her bed, covering her in a blanket after having helped her take aspirin.
Why didn't she tell me that she was sick? It bothered me, why was she distancing herself from me? But I soon understood as I stepped into the kitchen. There laying on the table was a cake. As moved forward, I could read the words on the cake,"Happy Birthday satoshi!", but they were written with trembling hands, it was clearly visible. That idiot! Why was she exerting herself so much for a simple reason!! Just to surprise me for my birthday...

I rushed to her room to find her sleeping peacefully, moving closer I sat next to her.

Why do I feel like a pathetic guy?I thought.

The next day I opened my eyes, I found Mayumi smiling at me brightly, the paleness on her face had disappeared and she said,"Happy birthday!"
"Why didn't you tell me?" I asked her when she looked sheepishly replying that it was a simple fever and didn't want me to worry over it. She then smiled again telling that she was alright.

"Then let's go...to the beach like you wanted to" I replied and she nodded excitedly.

She's always thinking about others so much but what about herself? I thought, but I suppose its alright because I'll be there to take care of her, the idiot I love so much!

0 comments:

Post a Comment