Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Ramadhan : )

Today being the first day of Ramadhan thought I’d share a little information regarding a few duas and surahs… Hope this helps i.a :).

Abu Hurairah (May Allah be pleased with him) reported:The Messenger of Allah (PBUH) said, "He who utters: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi (Allah is free from imperfection and His is the praise)' one hundred times a day, his sins will be obliterated even if they are equal to the extent of the foam of the ocean.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim].

"There are two statements that are light for the tongue to remember, heavy in the Scales and are dear to the Merciful: `Subhan-Allahi wa bihamdihi, Subhan-Allahil-Azim [Glory be to Allah and His is the praise, (and) Allah, the Greatest is free from imperfection)'.''
[Al-Bukhari and Muslim]
Shaddad ibn Aws narrated that the Prophet [صلى الله عليه وسلم] said; "The most superior request for forgiveness is to say:

'Allaahmma anta rabbee laa elaaha illaa ant. Anta khalaqtanee wa ana 'abduka wa ana 'alaa 'ahdika wa wa'dika mastata't. A'oothu bika min sharri ma sana't. Aboo'u laka bi ni'matika alayya wa aboo'u laka bi thambee. Faghfir lee. Fa innahoo laa yaghfiruth-thunooba illaa ant.'

[O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god besides You. You created me and I am Your servant, following your covenant and [my] promise to you as much as I can. I seek refuge in You from the evil that I have done. Before You I acknowledge Your blessings bestowed upon me and I confess my sins to You. So forgive me, for surely no one can forgive sins except You.]

The Prophet [صلى الله عليه وسلم] then added, 'anyone who says this during the day, firmly believing in it, and dies before the evening; or says it in the evening, firmly believing in it, and dies before the following morning, will be among the people of paradise.' "
[Sahih al-Bukhari, vol 8, pp212-3, no 318]

_____________________________________________

Recitations From the Quran
Recite last two verses of surah baqarah at night…As according to hadith it is reported on the authority of Ibn Mas’ud from Rasoolillah (SAW) that he said: “Whoever recited the last two verses of suratul baqarah at night, they will be sufficient for him.” [Bukhari]

It is also recommendable to read Aayathul Qursi...read about the vitues of it |here|
Also recite surahs: Kahf, Mulk, Sajdah, Waaqiah, Rahman, Ad Dhukhan and even Ya sin…
Check this link |here|… It gives the virtues of the Quran and the excellence of several surahs… Enjoy!!! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment